Q: Is this service free?
A: No, First you should buy a VPN account from this Page to get your BetterVPN User&Pass, then use our Setup Tutorials to connect your devices to our VPN servers.
Q: Does this site work, or device work with BetterVPN?
A: Just about everything does, we have not found anything to date that won't work over the VPN since in essence it's nothing more than a secure connection to the internet. We don't modify anything else, so whatever normally would run, run's on the VPN.
Q: How does it work?
A: It adds a new network interface which you are working with as if you are working with direct internet connection. But the IP is different, and all traffic is encrypted.
Q: Will VPN slow down my system or internet connection?
A: No, generally you won't notice any slowness.
Q: Can I use your VPN instead of my current ISP connection?
A: No, you need existing (Cable, DSL, dial up, Satellite, etc) internet connection to be able to use VPN service.
Q: Can I increase the speed of my connection when using VPN service?
A: Sometimes users do report the VPN bypasses their ISP's throttles. Some users do report applications run better as well such as P2P.
Q: What ports should be open on firewall/router for it to work?
A: No ports should be open, however your ISP must allow GRE protocol for you. In most cases you won't experience any problems connecting to our VPN server from any place, please contact us if you do.
Q: Does it also protect other protocols like ICQ, Mail or FTP?
A: Once you are connected to our VPN server, all programs use a virtual network interface, which protects all programs that access internet on your computer.
Q: What can I do if my provider blocked my VPN?
A: In such cases we offer SSTP protocol that can be set on Windows 10,7 and Vista and it uses "HTTPS:443" port that can not be blocked.
Q: I do connect to VPN, but I still see that my computer IP is detected as not USA.
Q: Some sites do not open for me when I am using VPN, while they open normally when not using VPN. Please help.
A: These questions require individual solution. Please explain the problem in details and append the result of running 2 programs when using VPN:
- Start -> Run -> cmd -> ipconfig/all
- Start -> Run -> cmd -> route print
Q: Some websites detect my IP as not USA (France, UK, Germany, Australia) - why and what can I do with that?
A: Some websites use different ways of detecting the country of your IP. If this happens - please send us a tracert report.
Do the following:
- Start -> Run -> cmd -> tracert websitename.com
(replace websitename.com with the website - for example google.com)
Q: I can connect, but cannot browse.
A: First make sure you're not connected to the VPN. Then,
For Windows XP, 2000, etc:
- Go to control panel - administrative tools - network connections.
- Right click your local area connection, and select "Properties"
- On the resulting dialog, select the TCP/IP protocol to highlight it, then click the "Properties" button.
- Once the dialog opens up, in the bottom section, select the radio button "use the following DNS server addresses" - in there, put the following:
Save and exit the networking dialogs, and then try to connect again.
For Windows Vista:
- Go to Control Panel - Network and Sharing Center - click the "View Status" link for your Local Area Connection
- Click the "Properties" button
- Select the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then hit the "Properties" button
- Proceed as above for setting custom DNS name servers
Q: Can I connect to my account from more than one computer?
A: Yes, with our service you can use it from as many different devices as you want.
Q: Can I use VPN on public computer?
A: Yes you can run it on any computer, but you will need superuser privileges to be able to configure and establish network connection.